One of the Most Misunderstood Contributors to Health Problems... Parasites!
Ever had an unwanted house guest that eats all of your food and makes a big mess? If you have parasites, that’s exactly what you’re dealing with!
By definition, this is how Websters dictionary describes parasites:
An organism living in, on, or with another organism in order to obtain nutrients, grow, or multiply often in a state that directly or indirectly harms the host
WHY am I talking to you about parasites today? Last night we had a full moon, and this is a consistent time where parasites are more active and a lot of people can experience an increase in symptoms.
If you’re someone who’s ever spent any time working with the public, you may have noticed that people can act differently around the full moon. Anxiety, irritability, and emotions are often heightened around this time of the month. In kids we also see more irritability, hyperactive behaviour, teeth grinding and bed wetting.
Have you ever heard of parasites?
Most people have in one form or another, and many people have either had some sort of experience or know someone who has! We brought up parasites one year at Christmas dinner and a family member shared a story of a friend who came back from vacation with terrible diarrhea which came from drinking the water in a foreign place! — By the way, when you have holistic health practitioners in the family, this actually isn’t the strangest conversation that’s come up!
- Eating food! You can pick up parasites from eating meat like steak (especially if you like your steak cooked anything less than well done), pork, chicken, fish, anyone like sushi? This is a source
- Fresh fruits and vegetables can carry parasites
- Drinking tap water (there are some parasites that chlorine is not effective at killing)
- Walking barefoot
- Cuddling your pets
- Swimming in lakes, ponds or even pools
- We can even breathe them in!
It’s very rare to go to your doctor and have the topic of parasites come up, unless you’ve recently traveled, but in practice we’ve found parasites are often a part of the equation if there are health issues and symptoms that no one seems to be able to figure out!
Parasites can cause a BIG mess…
- Eat your nutrients and cause deficiencies which can lead to weight loss OR weight gain!
- Eat your neurotransmitters which can lead to anxiety, depression, brain fog, difficulty concentrating, insomnia and more!
- Eat your iron, which is a really common reason for low energy and anemia!
- Turn down the part of your immune system that’s responsible for protecting you from viruses, bacteria, Lyme and more!
- Clog up the liver and digestive tract which can cause nausea, bloating, constipation OR diarrhea…
Long story short, parasites are one of the most common things we see that are often misdiagnosed, but the actual reason behind many chronic health problems!
At Aligned Natural Health, parasites are just one of the root causes we test for when a new client comes in looking for help with their health, but they are also one of the most common things we see! They are also something our clients have huge success with and feel a whole lot better once we’re able to give the body what it needs to handle them!
If you’ve been trying to figure out what’s going on with your health for some time and not getting results, we can help!